Dental Tourism Division of SmileCentre.in (Kochi, India) offering High Quality Dentistry + Fabulous Kerala Vacations! . Dental Implants In Kochi, Dental Implants In Ernakulam, Dental Implants In Cochin, Dental Implants In Kerala, Dental Implants In India, Immediate Loading Implants, Mobile Teeth, Bleeding Gums, Illfitting Dentures, Painful Dentures, Dental Facelift, Basal Implants, Cortical Implants, Strategic Implants, Ugly teeth, Dental Bone Loss, Dr Ihde Implants, Smile Correction In India, Smile Correction In Kochi, Smile Correction In Ernakulam, Smile Correction In India, Dental Tourism In Kerala, Dental Tourism In Kochi, Dental Tourism In India, Dental Tourism In Ernakulam, Dental Holidays, Gum Disease Treatment In Kochi, Gum Disease Treatment In Kerala, Gum Disease Treatment In India, Gum Disease Treatment In Ernakulam, Gummy Smile Treatment In Kerala, Gummy Smile Treatment In Kochi, Gummy Smile Treatment In India, Gummy Smile Treatment In Cochin, Gummy Smile Treatment In Ernakulam, Smile Treatment In Kerala, Smile Treatment In India, Smile Treatment In Kochi, Smile Treatment In Cochin, Smile Treatment In Ernakulam, Smile Designing In India, Smile Designing In Kerala, Smile Designing In Kochi, Smile Designing In Ernakulam, Smile Designing in Cochin
What is an Ortho Pan-Tomogram (OPG) Xray?
Orthopantomogram or OPG (also called the Panorex) is an advanced dental X-ray which gives a panoramic view of the jaws & associated structures. It depicts the teeth & the supporting bones of the upper and lower jaw, in addition to the the jaw joints on either side. They are valuable diagnostic aids to doctors, and are used routinely to help provide information on a variety of conditions, a few of which are briefly explained below.
ADVANTAGES OF AN OPG
• Broad coverage of facial bones and teeth.
• Low patient radiation dose.
• Convenience of examination for the patient, hence films need not be placed inside the mouth.
• Ability to be used in patients who cannot open the mouth or where in the mouth opening is restricted, such as trismus.
• Short time required for obtaining the image.
• Patient's ready understandability of panaromic films, making them a useful visual aid in patient education and case presentation.
• Easy to store compared to the large set of intra oral x-rays which are typically used.
* Diagnosis and treatment planning of Impacted wisdom teeth.
* Periodontal bone loss and periapical involvement.
* Finding the source of dental pain.
* For assessment concerning dental implants – pre and post procedures phases
* Pre and Post Procedure Orthodontic Assessment.
* Caries detection especially in the inter-dental regions & secondary decay
* Diagnosis of developmental anomalies such as Cherubism and Cleidocranial dysplasia.
* Diagnosis of osteosacrcoma, ameloblastoma, renal osteodystrophy affecting the jaws and hypophosphatemia.
* Tempero mandibular joint dysfuctions and ankylosis.
* OPGs are used routinely as diagnostic tools during periodic dental examinations of patients.
* Prior to any kind of surgery in the maxillofacial region, OPGs are made to assess the anatomical location of various clinically important structures such as the IAN, MS etc.
SLEEP DENTISTRY / DENTAL SLEEP MEDICINE
What do the dentist and sleeping have to do with each other? More than you might think. Sleep dentistry is what dentists do to help people with snoring and related sleep problems.
Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) happens when tissue in the back of the throat collapses and blocks the airway while you're sleeping, cutting the amount of oxygen delivered throughout the body. When blood-oxygen levels drop low enough, you momentarily wake up, though sometimes so briefly you don't even know it, says Mark Wolff, DDS, PhD. He's a professor and chair of Cariology and Comprehensive Care at NYU College of Dentistry. Snorers may also lose sleep, sometimes because their own loud honking rouses them -- not to mention their bed partner, also bothered by the noise.
One dental remedy: a custom oral appliance worn at night. These plastic devices pull the jaw forward, which advances the tongue and potentially opens the airway, cutting down on snoring and the tissue collapse that causes OSA. They're like night guards and retainers with a top and a bottom.
What is Sedation dentistry ?
A large number of dental patients do not like to visit their dentist for regular checkups because they are too fearful or suffer from dental anxiety. Sedation dentistry offers an excellent way to provide a safe, anxiety-free, dental experience to those who are afraid of the dentist.
Sedation dentistry involves simple procedures which medical professionals employ on their patients during any medical or surgical procedure which is potentially lengthy and painful. It uses medication to put the patient in a very relaxed, dreamlike state while the procedure is being carried out. The distinct advantage of employing the sedation procedures is that the patient does not feel the stress and anxiety that they may usually feel before they are slated to undergo the procedures.
For the dentist, sedation means that the procedure is easier to perform, and that more procedures as well as surgical work can be performed in one session, reducing the number of sessions needed to carry out the course of treatment.
Sedation Dentistry is an ideal solution for those who suffer from dental phobia and anxiety. It is used by dentists to perform procedures including surgeries on patients in a stress free manner, and helps many patients overcome their fear of visiting the dental office.